Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A New Beginning

So this is my first try at the whole blogging thing. I'm not sure what type of blog this is going to be yet. Some are strictly a running diary of the day, some are filled with deep insights into life and faith, and some are filled with funny commentaries on things that the blogger sees throughout the day.



I think I am going to be a healthy mix blogger. I certainly don't have enough cool things happening on a daily basis to keep people reading. I put on enough of a front during the day as a wise person when I'm really not, so I will include a few nuggets here and there but try to not act smarter and wiser than I am. And I have realized that I'm really not good with jokes and puns. My Cory Matthews and Boy Meets World sense of humor doesn't lend itself to blogging, or much of real life. So a little bit of everything sounds good to me.



Well as most of you know, I am living in Chattanooga now. I moved here at the beginning of August and am still getting adjusted. It is alot different living here than back in Kentucky. I loved being in Bowling Green, but since working at CVP, I knew this is where I wanted to be. And since I had to start working full time and had to take a break from school, I decided to just up and move. And it was a huge change from Campbellsville, where I was for 7 months before the move. I really love it here. I was thirsting for some guy accountability, and have been blessed by some awesome guys here, particularly in Bible study. And I have been getting more and more involved at Calvary Chapel, and love the people and the way the church does things. The gospel is definitely the focus, and they really strive to be prayerful about everything. So that has been a huge blessing.

And my new job has been a blessing as well. As many of you know, I started off working for a car dealership after my move. It was fine for a little bit, but once I started seeing some of the ins and outs of how things worked, I couldn't stay there. So I quit, with no other job lined up. Luckily, Keith had been on me for a month or so to come work at Outdoor Inc, and I am glad that I did. I never thought that I would work for a landscaping company, but it has allowed me to stretch my business skills. I am doing alot of sales and client relations, and it has been difficult, but I love the challenge. And the guys that I work with are great. There are some great christian guys on the team, so having that influence in place is great. And the experience I am getting on the business side is great. The early wake up call (5 am on days that I have to run) is rough, but I'm adjusting.

But this blog is already getting long. I will try to update it a few times a week, but don't hold me to it. Not that there will be many people reading this anyways, but for the 2 of you who might, I do it for you. Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

woo hoo! another blogger (not that I don't see you multiple times a week, but still :)!

PS- The red hurts my eyes. Maybe a white font would be better? maybe I'm just weak sauce.

Toddy P said...

I'm a newby with the stuff, so an experienced blogger with advice is always welcome. Tried to be out there, but its not working I guess.

Kasey Lee said...

I agree with Mrs.Geyer...the red hurts my eyes, but im glad you're a blogger now! Im not very goood at keeping up on my blog, but I have too many thoughts sometimes to put them down in one sitting. Welcome to the blog world my friend!