Friday, February 20, 2009

Play Ball!!!








That's right, it's finally opening day at WKU. This year's WKU baseball team is projected to be the best that the school has ever fielded. And from being pretty close to the program for the past few years and knowing the history of the program, I know that this will be a great year. The program has gotten a huge makeover since Coach Finwood took over. Last year, we won the conference title. And for those who don't know, the college baseball landscape is much different than basketball and football. In baseball, the Sun Belt Conference is a legit national contender. So winning the conference tourney last year was a big deal. And this preseason, we have been picked by every publication and the coaches to win the regular season title.
The guy on the top right is Matt Ridings. Matt was the first guy to come on board the baseball team Bible study back when I was with the team. He wasn't heavily recruited, but has a great chance to set every pitching record in school history. He is a preseason All-American and preseason conference pitcher of the year. I had to put him up because his picture was the only that I had. My only complaint is that I can't get a radio broadcast in Campbellsville, so I have to get text updates from the guys still working for the team. But don't worry, I will keep my bloggies updated on how the team does periodically.

2 comments:

The Rozell Family said...

hey TODD!!!! we just ran across your blog. how are you????? We are great, still in Texas, clay is a firefighter and I am a mom of one right now but almost 2 kids. we have another baby due any day! well, i am due monday. hope you are doing great. keep in touch

Toddy P said...

Well hello there Rozell family. It's great to hear from you guys(or really just you Emily). Glad to hear things are going well. I am definitely going to be a friend of the Rozell Family blog now.