Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"My, your shoulders look so big."

Well it was another weekend here in Chattanooga. I had been looking forward to it for a few weeks now. The CVP Christmas Party was this past weekend, so I knew my boy Joe Brunk would be coming down to hang out, and then I would get to see other old friends during the weekend as well. And we planned our Bible studies Tacky Sweater Christmas Party for the same weekend, so I knew it was going to be rocking, and it didn't disappoint.

So not everyone went with the whole tacky sweater theme, but these outfits were top notch. And yes, I do have shoulders pads in mine. And the buttons are on the wrong side. Must have been a European sweater (or from my mom's closet). There were quite a few people over, but this is the crew that went all out. And yes, the Geyer's do take the cake for rockin' outfits. Emily's grandmother-esque sweater and Uncle Eddie look "real niiccceee."

Joe ended up coming back at the tail end of the party, and stayed at my place Friday and Saturday night. Friday night, Reilly and Randall hung out as well till about 4 am, and yes, my sleeping pattern is still recovering. But since I didn't have anything to do Saturday, I slept in really late and watched the Ultimate Fighter Marathon with Joe till he left. And I stayed there to watch the Ultimate Fighter Finale until Joe called me late that night to head to the Cleland's to hang out. That was alot of fun, since I got to hang out with alot of awesome people that I don't really see much (including Reilly, who lives here). Later that night, a few more guys stayed at my place, including two who live in Chattie, strangely enough. And once again, we were up till 4 am. But it was a rockin good time.

And Sunday was just as great as the first two days. My church had our first Sunday in the new building, and it was a great time because Joe, Kasey, Jordan, and Icebox were able to come as well. The building looks amazing. And the turnout was unbelievable. We were overflowing, and had to bring in extra seats. Needless to say, we will probably be going to a second service very soon. We hung around church for awhile because Meghan locked her keys in her car, and a whole convoy of guys from the church decided to help out. We had a group of guys working on both front doors, and as soon as the locksmith came, we got it unlocked. After that, a little Lupi's action with a few good folks, and then they went on there way.

That night, I had my first night helping out the youth at Calvary. I was able to meet with Pastor Kenny, the youth minister, on Friday and learn about the heart of the ministry and what they expect. Well the youth are awesome. We have some great kids and great leaders. There were 40-50 kids there, and quite a few leaders. It was a great time to get back and work with youth again, which I love. I'm really excited about getting to help out every Sunday and more in between.

1 comment:

anna c. said...

aww yay! love that you're getting involved and loving it here. i mean, who doesn't? enjoyed you at my house the other night... just like old times. you'll always be my big bro... :)