Monday, December 8, 2008

The Jonas Brothers and the Power Team



Well it has been a few weeks since I have posted. Sorry about that. Lack of a computer and a time crunch contributed to that. But I am not abandoning the whole blogging thing.

But this past Saturday was an amazing day. I was looking forward to it for about a month. Generally when I am that pumped about getting to a day it doesn't end up being as great as I was hoping. But this past Saturday did not fall short.

My church (Calvary Chapel) was approached earlier in the year about hosting the Prison Prevention Ministries Christmas Angel Party. The main goal of P.P.M. is to reach out to kids who have either one or both parents in prison and share them the love of Christ. Growing up in a blessed family, I never had to deal with anything remotely close to this. So I was really excited to get to help out. I was assigned as a tean row leader, which basically meant that I would be leading a group of teenagers in prayer, devotional time, and just hang out time. Well most of my group didn't get to come, but I had two middle schoolers, CJ and Marik. These were some fun guys. CJ's mom came with him, while his dad was in prison, and both of Marik's parents are in prison, so he got dropped off by his grandmother. After a little worship time, we were treated to a little show by an evangilistic strength team. Basically, like a minor league Power Team. I don't know about the kids, but I was sitting with a youth minister from Fort Oglethorpe who was about my age, and we might as well have been 12 year old girls at a Jonas Brothers Concert. Seriously, we were that into it.

After they did their show, we got to have a little time sharing with the kids and their parents. At the end of the time, when a pastor led a quick salvation prayer, CJ's mom accepted Christ!!!! I was so pumped up that I wanted to grab a phone book and rip it in half, just like the Power Team.

After staying at church to help clean up, I went to David and Emily's to watch the SEC Championship game. It was a pretty tense game, and Alabama was definitely better than I thought, but in the end, my Gators pulled it out 31-20. Tebow was the MVP, and Florida moved up to the #2 spot in the BCS, setting up a matchup with Oklahoma for the National Title. So yes, I'm pretty excited.



Sunday was pretty great as well. At church, pastor Frank gave a testimony of our church home, and all the amazing happenings of God that brought his wife and him to start the church, and how it has grown. It was a great time to learn more about the heart of the church and how it got started. And next week, we move into the new property of South Broad Street. No more temperature extremes, not more plaster falling on the worship bands' heads, no more collapsing seats. It should be a great time of growth within the church.

Well, it is time for Monday Night Football and a little relaxation for the rest of the night. Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Kasey Lee said...

Todd, it's so good to hear you are doing well in Chattanooga. I can totally hear your voice saying the things in your blog and I love it! I miss you man..hopefully I will see you sometime soon! Have a wonderful week!

Toddy P said...

Hey thanks Kasey. I miss you too. Hope the cleaning mouths thing is going well and will hopefully see you this weekend.