Monday, March 2, 2009

7 Favorite NCAA Tournament Moments-#7 and #6

I woke up yesterday, looked at my phone, and realized that my favorite month of the year was finally here. I love March. The weather starts to warm up, Spring Training is upon us, but most importantly, the NCAA Tournament is right around the corner. A majority of the tourney is played in April, but the first and second round is where the fun happens. I hope to one day have a job that will allow me to stay at home for two weeks in March to watch every game. Nothing is a sure thing. There are always miracles, buzzer beaters, and Cinderella teams.

With that being said, I'm going to count down my Top 7 NCAA Tournament moments. I was privileged to watch most of the moments live, with the one exclusion being #1. If you know me, #1 shouldn't be much of a surprise. I will go ahead and knock out #6 and 7 in this post. I am a very vocal Florida fan. I try not to rub it in people's faces, but I know I have been a jerk in the past. So to spare you, I will just include Florida's back to back National Championships from 2006-2007 in this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4hPryoPZ8 2006 Championship Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vpA_KaEuG4 2007 Championship/Not for Geyer eyes

So there you go. I do know how blessed I have been as a Florida fan and that I will probably never see a run of championships like I have the last few years from them. Look at our basketball team now. No tournament last year and maybe no tourney this year.

BONUS POINTS: If you can name 4 of my top 5 moments, I will give you one free day of doing whatever you want(aka washing your car, running errands, cutting your grass, etc.) I'm sure everyone can think of one of the 4, so just 3 more. I'm thinking of you Joe Brunk. This is your strength. Hint: 2 are plays, 2 are games, and 1 is more of a team than a moment. Think hard, because I will start with the top 5 on Wednesday!!

3 comments:

Joe Brunk said...

Well, one your top moments has to be Tyfecta's 3 last year, should be #1.

And if Christian Laettner is in there, I might have to disown you as a friend.

Toddy P said...

No worries there my friend. Christian Laettner's highlight is ranked about as low as his NBA career stats. That's pretty far down.

Ben Carr said...

I would have to say my favorite team moment would have to be UK '96, '97 and '98 making it to the National Championship all 3 years and winning 2 out of 3! And also Todd coming to BG to hang out with his Best Friends, Vanilla Bear and The Janitor (Joe).