Monday, March 16, 2009

The Hoff is Back!!!!


That's right, I will be donning the trunks again to resume my career as The Hoff. This summer I will be lifeguarding for the Campbellsville Swimming Pool, and will be working with Parks and Recreation till then. I talked to my uncle Dan, and he is close with our mayor, so that got me in. Seriously, the mayor interviews and appoints the lifeguards. Apparently they take care of the pool, because its the place to be. Have you ever heard of a town mayor hiring lifeguards? When I went to City Hall to pick up my application, I didn't realize that City Hall was basically a glorified double-wide. Definitely the smallest City Hall I have ever seen. Outside of the mayor, two other women work in the office, and that's it. Welcome to Mayberry, folks.
More big news from the weekend. My beloved Western Kentucky Hilltoppers will be the 12-seed in the South Region of the NCAA Tournament and will play Illinois in the first round. It's a tough game, but their star player is hurt and wont play. ( So you're saying there's a chance? ) We actually got a great draw. We would play a hurting Illinois team, and if we get the upset, would probably play Gonzaga, a team that we lost to at the beginning of the year. Thing is, we are 1000 times better now than we were then, and Gonzaga has regressed. If we pull off another big win, and make it to the Sweet 16, we would play North Carolina in Memphis. Why is that a big deal? BECAUSE I AM GOING TO THE SWEET 16 AND ELITE 8 IN MEMPHIS!!!! My ticket hook-up, aka Chuck, scored some free tickets from his uncle Gerald, so we are going to make the trip. I have never been to the NCAA Tournament, and if my Hilltoppers are there, my head may explode with excitement. Now that is assuming we upset two very good teams, but we made it last year, so its possible. Beating North Carolina wont be, but hey, it could happen.
A quick update on Hilltoppers Baseball. The guys swept another conference series this past weekend, and we are now 6-0 in conference. We have four losses, with three of them coming to SEC and NCAA powerhouses Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Auburn. They have swept every weekend series played, the last two sweeps against really good teams.
And now NCAA Tournament Moments #3. This should have probably been a little bit lower because my man Gus Johnson wasn't announcing, but it sits here because the last shot is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Joe Brunk said...

You do make me sad with not coming to Beech Bend with me and D-Wizzle. It woulda been cool. But I guess this works out better for you.

And Gus Johnson is the man, I better get to watch some games with him behind the mic this year.