Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowmageddon 2009

It has finally come. I am once again a citizen of Campbellsville. Keith and I loaded up the truck on Monday and I shipped out that night. I was planning on staying one more night to just kind of soak it up, but there was apparently going to be a snow/ice storm in Kentucky around midnight. I have always been skeptical of weathermen's predictions, but I headed out anyways. As soon as I rolled into the driveway, the heavens opened up. To make a long story short, Kentucky has been under a state of emergency for the last few days. Power outages were widespread, families had to leave their homes to go to shelters, roads were covered, and cell towers got knocked down, leaving alot of people without phone service. Luckily, Campbellsville didn't get the worst of it, but it was still pretty bad. So leaving early was the right call.

I am not the kind of guy who can go to sleep knowing there is work to be done. So, at 11:15 Monday night, I started unloading the truck. Yep, the whole thing that night. I put most of it in the garage to start, and spent much of Tuesday organizing and sorting. The highlight of Tuesday was hooking up my LCD TV in the living room for my dad. He can't get up and down the steps very well anymore, so the living room is his place now. By Tuesday afternoon everything was done, including rearranging the downstairs, my bedroom upstairs, and putting everything away.

That night it hit me-I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO IN CAMPBELLSVILLE!!!! I pretty much did everything there is to do in one day. I am hoping that future posts are filled with new and exciting things, but from being in this city before, I know that may not happen. I'm crossing my fingers though......and missing Chattanooga....

3 comments:

Kasey Lee said...

So instead of leaving graffiti all over Katie's blog..I will come back on yours! Listen Mr.toddyp..I don't have a computer so I do well to blog in the times that I do, and what does that mean "Who knows where you're blogging head is at"? are you bashing my blogs? Just sayin'

p.s. Im sorry you miss chattanooga, but Im very glad that you made it back safely. I thought about you when the ice storm hit and wondered if the move was successful...praise Jesus for good timing!

Toddy P said...

Oh yes, safe and sound in Campbellsville. It literally starting coming down hard right after I got out of the truck. Luckily the gutters on my house are high enough so I could back the truck all the way under them and unload without getting all icy. And Bowling Green is much worse than here. But yes, God is good and merciful.

Becca Rocha said...

glad you made it safely and are there for your parents. we miss you already (esp. at our super bowl party)!