Monday, January 5, 2009

At a Crossroads/Campbellsville AGAIN????

Sorry that it has been so long since I updated. I didn't really touch a computer over the Christmas break(except to watch season 3 of Friday Night Lights online), so now is really the first time that I get a chance. And there are some big things that may happen soon, but first, my musings about the holidays.

Ralphie's Gun
So I will admit that I am a big fan of Christmas Story, the move about Ralphie and his gun and bullies and all. I normally watch it a few times, but this year I spent most of my tv watching with Brent as he watched season 1 of Friday Night Lights(my 3rd time going through it). Thus, this year, I didn't really watch A Christmas Story. But I did catch the ending. I turned it on just as Ralphie came downstairs in his bunny suit. So basically, right when he was getting his gun through the traditional oriental dinner.

It made me think of the way I usually see Christmas. I celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, with Christ's birth, God in flesh, redemption for sin, all of that. But generally, I don't think about the lead-up to His birth. But there was a long period of anticipation for this baby. The trinity is alluded to early in Genesis, so we know that this was planned for awhile. And the book of Isaiah is filled with prophecy of His birth. But I usually skip all of that and get right down to the birth. But this year was a little different. I love to listen to Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God cd, and it is basically a chronological story of Moses through Christ's resurrection. And it just helps to show a thick-headed guy like me that this birth just didnt happen, it wasnt just a miracle birth in a remote place a long time ago. But it was prayed for, and wept over, and many people were even put to death in a feeble attempt to stop His life (think Herod). So what I am saying is that this Christmas was pretty great, and we have a great God.

Big Changes
So now to what is going on with me. There is a very real possibility that I will have to move back to Campbellsville. Without going into much detail, money is tight, and school is important. I absolutely love Chattanooga and want to spend the rest of my life here, but I have to make sure that I can do it the right way. It is becoming obvious that I can't finish my degree while I am here, because there is no room to save for classes. I am in a position where I can leave without too much of a problem (ie no wife, a lease I can get out of, etc.) All of this is to say that prayer is needed. I have been open-minded about moving back and have been praying alot lately. But there have been alot of sleepless nights over the past week. I think I have seen 4 am on my bedroom clock more this past week that in my entire life. I have great friends here and a church that I love and I work for and with some great guys, but I have to do what is right. And that change could come sooner rather than later.


1 comment:

Kasey Lee said...

Praying for you Todd...the Lord always provides!