Monday, January 12, 2009

Thoughts on 24, the new "bad" guy, and the Gators



OK, I have been waiting anxiously for last night. It has been a year and a half since 24 was last on. Because of the writer's strike, it didn't come on at all last year. And that was a little rough, because season 6 ended on probably the worst note that it could have. I started watching 24 almost 2 1/2 years ago, when I lived in the 502. Ben and I hadn't seen 24, and Jochim was a big fan, and everyone we knew was a big fan, so we gave in. We watched the first 5 seasons in a short amount of time, and you can look at our grades that semester to see that we spent too much time watching 24. Ben even bought a Jack bag, and I just walked through life assuming that at least one of my closest friends had to be a spy for Japanese terrorists (I would have guessed Ross).
*Attention!!!!! Stop reading immediately if you are not caught up to the current season of 24!!!! I'm talking to you Sarah Guin!!!!!*















So the new bad guy on 24 is apparently Tony Almeida. I refuse to believe this. Ben and I hold Tony as one of our favorite tv characters of all time. His "death" in season 5 was tough, but I was always skeptical. And now he is supposedly back as a terrorist loyalist. My bold season 7 prediction: Tony is working as a double agent. His death was faked in order to protect him and those close to him(that were still alive). I believe that Bill Buchanon knew he was still alive, and used him to get a man on the inside of a terrorist plot. I also think that Aaron Pierce, David Palmer's former secret service agent, is involved somehow. I know that Aaron is coming back because Glenn Morshower, the guy who plays Aaron, was in a movie that Jeremy worked on and they talked about it and how he has a big role this season. So Tony is good. I mean come on, he got caught in hour 2. That shouldn't happen.


Thursday night wasn't bad either. The Gators came through in a big way and won the BCS title. That's my man Brandon Spikes holding up the crystal ball. I know that it is rare to have your favorite team pull through and win it all, so I'm enjoying the victory. The Braves haven't won it all since 95 and haven't been good the last few season. The Packers haven't won it all since the 90's, and are usually up and down. But Florida has come through. I have got to enjoy 4 national titles( two football and two basketball) in 3 years. That is unheard of, so I will enjoy it for now. Oh, by the way, Tim Tebow is coming back. He is probably my favorite athlete ever, so having him for one more year is exciting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay. Thank you for the warning not to read on! Even getting to the place to leave a comment was tough - I had to be quick so as not to read "oh hey, so and so dies" or "so and so is the mole" - occurances that are common in Jack's world. Jason and I will start the 3rd CD for the 3rd season this week (9pm-10pm and on?) and I'm just about plum worn out. 24 makes my head hurt and, as you said, makes me question everything in my normal world. I think baby Kate is working under cover.

Toddy P said...

You all are moving along pretty quickly now. Season 3 is one of my favorites. The odd numbered seasons are the best. But season 4 is good also.

anna c. said...

i wont lie, all i watch is survivor and the bachelor. not watching/liking 24 and the office almost... ALMOST makes me feel like i'm an outcast in the world, but i rise above it. :) miss you friend!

Sheffield said...

BAUER is obviously above the laws of the natural universe. We have all known this for a while, but let us not forget that Tony also has died and comeback again...and if I have to be honest, good, bad, or ugly I confess I got Tony's back. Even when everybody thought he was bad I was kinda like whatever...it's TONY i'll root for the bad guys if it's Tony!

Becca Rocha said...

ummmm...did you write this after you saw the latest episode or something? or do you just have the gift of prophecy? i mean you even called Bill Buchanan and everything!

good work. is it just me or does Keith kinda look like Tony Almeida? (Unshaved Keith that is. Keith wasn't crazy about that when I said that to him).

On another note...did Sarah just say that she thinks my baby is working under cover? haha. maybe she is. but now that she's being discovered i'm going to have to kill you all.

Toddy P said...

And no Becca, no cheating on my end. I just have alot of faith in that man, so I wanted to believe the best.

Reilly said...

i have seen one episode of 24 ever. you may now hurl insults at me todd.